Can't save modified templates

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
andrecarlucci

Can't save modified templates

Post by andrecarlucci » Wed 13 Mar 2013 18:49

Hi all,

I believe I'm doing something really stupid, but here it goes:
I created a NHibernate template (database first) and I'm trying to make some changes to the T4 template.

1) Templates -> New Template -> NHibernate (with copy template to model folder).
2) I open the template on the editor, make some changes, hit save but nothing happens. The file is not saved.

I can see the template file under the "project".hbml file in VS.
It happens on both VS2012 and stand alone editor.

I'm using Windows 8 with VS2012 Ultimate 11.0.51106.01 Update 1.
Devart Entity Developer v5.0.56.0

Thanks in advance,

Andre

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Can't save modified templates

Post by Shalex » Thu 14 Mar 2013 08:47

Please specify the edition of your Entity Developer. You can find it via Tools > Entity Developer > About menu of Visual Studio.

The Custom templates feature is not available in Express edition of Entity Developer: http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/editions.html. Starting from the 5.1 version of Entity Developer, the user interface of Express Edition concerning availability of custom templates will be improved: there will be no possibility of copying a template to model folder or using a non-predefined template.

andrecarlucci

Re: Can't save modified templates

Post by andrecarlucci » Thu 14 Mar 2013 12:59

Hi Shalex,

Thanks for the answer.
You are right, it's the Express edition.
I'll download the trial version and check it out.
Please, add this information to the help file that comes with this edition as well.

Kind regards,

André Carlucci