model.Settings.ConnectionStringInAppConfig

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
NMH

Post by NMH » Fri 07 Dec 2012 16:46

I am attempting to use the LinqConnect template for my model but I am unable to determine how to get these particular settings enabled..

Code: Select all

It also corresponds with

Code: Select all

model.Settings.AppConnectionStringName
I cannot identify how these values are set. Please help!

It occurs in the Method GenerateContextConstructors() for DataContext constructors generation.

Should these be specified manually somewhere in the "Extended Properties" section of the Model Settings GUI??

NMH

Re: model.Settings.ConnectionStringInAppConfig

Post by NMH » Fri 07 Dec 2012 17:02

I am creating a LinqConnect model for Devart docConnect for Oracle.

It seems my only choice is to manually modify a copy of the LinqConnect template to override the template code for the model.Settings value. I do not have the "Configuration" section in my model settings gui in Entity Developer to select the option for application config connection strings.

If anyone has a better suggestion please let me know.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Tue 11 Dec 2012 08:59

There is a "Save connection settings in App.Config" check box in the 'Model Settings' of the model (you could open it by double-clicking the diagram), where you could specify the name of the connection string to save.
If you don't see this check box, please specify the version of Entity Developer/dotConnect for Oracle you are using.

NMH

Post by NMH » Tue 11 Dec 2012 18:35

I am using version 4.3.159

I do not see this option on my screen. Is this feature in a newer version?

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Wed 12 Dec 2012 09:53

Yes, this option is not available in the standalone Entity Developer of an older versions (in particular, 4.3.159).
The "Save connection string in App.Config as" option is available since Entity Developer 4.7.277. So, please upgrade your version to a newer one or use it in Visual Studio. Please notify us about the results.