Complex Type Column Naming

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Drewsonian

Complex Type Column Naming

Post by Drewsonian » Wed 14 Nov 2012 18:10

Is there a way to control the column naming of complex types when you have more than one complex type in an entity class?

For example, I have the complex type "Address" which I then have two instances (Mailing and Billing) of in the Class "Vendor".

The generated column names for this look like this:

Mailing:
Line11
Line21
City1
State1
Zip1

Billing:
Line12
Line22
City2
State2
Zip2

Is there a way to make them more like below? I'm currently using the setting to automatically synchronize the mappings. Is there a way to change this default naming or do I have to manually map these?
MailingLine1
MailingLine2
MailingCity
BillingLine1
BillingLine2
BillingCity
etc

Thanks,
Drew

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Complex Type Column Naming

Post by Shalex » Tue 20 Nov 2012 10:59

There is no such possibility at the moment. The only way is to rename the columns manually. We will post here when this functionality is implemented.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 10 Dec 2012 16:36

The naming algorithm for the newly-created columns, which correspond to complex type's properties, when using the Model First approach is improved. We will post here when the corresponding build of Entity Developer is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 21 Dec 2012 17:54

New version of Entity Developer 5.0 is released!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25524.

Concerning your sample.
If the names of the Address instances in an entity class are MailingAddress and BillingAddress, the generated columns would be:

Mailing:
MailingLine1
MailingLine2
MailingCity
MailingState
MailingZip

Billing:
BillingLine1
BillingLine2
BillingCity
BillingState
BillingZip