Metadata file prefix?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
WillLA

Metadata file prefix?

Post by WillLA » Tue 06 Nov 2012 17:08

I am using multiple edml files in my project. This seems to cause the .csdl, .msl, and .ssdl files to prefix with Data during build. For instance, the entity container name Cameras is built as Data.Cameras.csdl, etc. This would be fine if the connection string in the generated code also included a reference to this file in the metadata. Instead, it is referencing Cameras.csdl, which makes object instantiation impossible, causing a hang. Other than creating my own connection string, are there any settings I can use to fix this?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Metadata file prefix?

Post by Shalex » Mon 12 Nov 2012 17:06

WillLA wrote:I am using multiple edml files in my project. This seems to cause the .csdl, .msl, and .ssdl files to prefix with Data during build. For instance, the entity container name Cameras is built as Data.Cameras.csdl, etc.
The names of the .csdl, .msl, and .ssdl files are based on the model name (e.g.: Data.Cameras.edml) and do not depend on the value of the Entity Container Name property of the model or availability of another models in the project.
WillLA wrote:This would be fine if the connection string in the generated code also included a reference to this file in the metadata. Instead, it is referencing Cameras.csdl, which makes object instantiation impossible, causing a hang.
We cannot reproduce the described problem with the latest version (4.7.295) of Entity Developer. Do you generate the connection string in the *.Designer.cs or in app.config? In case of app.config, try removing the connection string to make Entity Developer to regenerate the connection string. Does it help? Anyway, if the problem persists, please send us a small test project to reproduce the issue in our environment.