Missing devart dataprovider after Entity Developer update

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Amplus

Missing devart dataprovider after Entity Developer update

Post by Amplus » Mon 22 Oct 2012 15:41

I had dotConnect for Oracle v 7.2.77 installed (it came with a version of Entity Developer). I then downloaded 4.7.285 - then all oracle and devart components were missing from the provider compbobox in database first create model Wizard. Instead there were only a couple of sql server options. I then uninstalled dotConnect for oracle and downloaded 4.7.285. After that I can select the Devart dotConnect for Oracle but the sql server providers are no longer there...(I think I also had the ODAC provider option before which is also missing).

I really don't care about anything but the devart provider at the moment but maybe they all should be available??

I'm on Windows 7 64 Bit with Visual Studio 2012 and .net framework 4.5

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Missing devart dataprovider after Entity Developer update

Post by Shalex » Wed 24 Oct 2012 09:47

You should install the compatible (with the same release date) versions of dotConnect for Oracle and Entity Developer:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... story.html
http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/r ... story.html

Please uninstall your current versions and install the compatible ones:
1) uninstall dotConnect for Oracle and Entity Developer;
2) make sure that there are no Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files in the following folders:
* \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Devart\
* GAC 2.0 (\Windows\assembly\) and GAC 4.0 (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\)
* \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Devart\
3) run compatible installations of our products via their right click > Run as administrator menu