Few issues on testing??

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
EdB

Few issues on testing??

Post by EdB » Mon 15 Oct 2012 13:42

Hi,

I am now testing ED 4.7. Looks interesting although I have some questions.

1) Is it possible to make the entities smaller on the print layout so I can get more entities on a A3 sheet?

2) I am struggling with the "name and type" setting for the entities not showing in the current model. I did reload the EDMX and it is still set to "name" only.

3) Is there a shortcut way to to add properties like the "Insert"/Enter key in Entity Designer in VS. At present I can only see that you have to "Add Property" via the context menu which is a bit slow.

Otherwise lots of promising features.....

Thanks in advance for answers to my questions.

Ed

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Few issues on testing??

Post by MariiaI » Wed 17 Oct 2012 11:11

1) The entity's size can only be changed in width and it can be done manually (JIC: there is a limit of the minimum size).

2) When opening the *.edmx file (which was made with "Name and Type" option in the MS's EF Designer) in the Developer, you should change options for the model by right-clicking on the diagram layout and selecting Options->Notation->Property Details Level->Name And Type and save changes after this.
JIC: options in the Entity Developer menu Tools->Options are the default options and are applied when creating a new model diagram.

3) The shortcut for Add Property (ALT+P) and the possibility of adding properties by clicking "Insert" without opening the dialog will be available in the nearest build. We will inform you when it is available.

EdB

Re: Few issues on testing??

Post by EdB » Wed 17 Oct 2012 14:46

Thanks for the reply.

I have just found the "Edit Entity" option to be very useful which can be accessed via "Enter". Within this dialog one can access all the properties which is great, but also I note that the "Insert" and "Delete" key works on the properties which is great. So this is probably the best method anyway. EF Designer does not have a "Edit Entity" dialog as far as I can see.