Feature request: Don't change storage name when changing property name

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
magnus

Feature request: Don't change storage name when changing property name

Post by magnus » Fri 15 Jun 2012 09:09

For legacy reasons, we have a lot of entities where the entity fields need to have different names than the names in the storage model. When you update the property name under "Classes" in Entity Developer, it updates the corresponding field in the storage model as well. Usually this is precisely what you want, but for me it means that I have to change all the property names twice, since I then I have to go back and change the storage model names back to what they were originally. It would be great to have a model setting like "Update storage model names when entity names are changed". Then I could set that setting to false whenever I'm working with one of the entities where the names need to differ.

If this already exists, I would love to know about it!

Helen
Devart Team

Re: Feature request: Don't change storage name when changing property name

Post by Helen » Fri 15 Jun 2012 12:57

This happens because you have enabled synchronization of the storage metadata schema with the conceptual part of the model.

You can enable or disable mapping synchronization at any time. Just double-click the model in the Model Explorer, and in the displayed Model Settings dialog box switch to the Mapping page of the Synchronization section. To disable mapping synchronization deselect the "Enable automatic synchronization of storage part and mapping of the model with its conceptual part" check box.