NHibernate: Generics by default

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
orion

NHibernate: Generics by default

Post by orion » Wed 06 Jun 2012 10:51

I'm using the Entity Developer 4.4.186 for NHibernate and my DB schema changes very often.
I utilize the "Database First" way to generate the Model.
By default ED generates not generic collections for One to Many relations.
How can I specify generation of generic collections by default. Or it is only way to manual set the property "Generic" for each association?

Helen
Devart Team

Re: NHibernate: Generics by default

Post by Helen » Wed 06 Jun 2012 13:55

orion wrote:How can I specify generation of generic collections by default. Or it is only way to manual set the property "Generic" for each association?
Currently you have to set this property manually.

But we will consider the possibility of adding such default option.

orion

Post by orion » Wed 06 Jun 2012 16:30

Consider also that I can select several fields or several classes and change common property of them but I can't select several (or all) associations and do similar action with them.

Helen
Devart Team

Post by Helen » Thu 07 Jun 2012 08:58

orion wrote:Consider also that I can select several fields or several classes and change common property of them but I can't select several (or all) associations and do similar action with them.
You should select (hold Ctrl and select with the mouse) several navigation properties (for which it is possible to change this property) and set Generic to 'true' for them.

Helen
Devart Team

Post by Helen » Thu 07 Jun 2012 10:24

The "Default Collection Generic" model option for setting the default value of the generic property of the collection navigation properties is implemented.

We will post here when the corresponding build of Entity Developer is available for download.

Helen
Devart Team

Post by Helen » Fri 08 Jun 2012 12:22

New build of Entity Developer 4.4.197 is available for download now!

It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24298.