LINQ toSQL, Association Editor Cardinality, issue?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
I-Vladimir

LINQ toSQL, Association Editor Cardinality, issue?

Post by I-Vladimir » Fri 25 May 2012 13:55

Hi,
A diagram shows one to many relation arrow properly, with a asterisk(*).
VS properties windows shows it as One To Many.

When I double click on it both in the diagram and Model Explorer, Association Editor dialog always shows it as One To One. It would be nice also to be able to change association name from the editor.

Thanks,
Vladimir

StanislavK
Devart Team

Re: LINQ toSQL, Association Editor Cardinality, issue?

Post by StanislavK » Fri 25 May 2012 15:25

Could you please describe the issue in more details? For example, please send us the model you are working with or the table definitions, so that we are able to analyze the situation in more details. At the moment, we couldn't reproduce the problem in our environment.

I-Vladimir

Post by I-Vladimir » Fri 25 May 2012 16:20

Requested information sent via the link provided.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 28 May 2012 08:10

Thank you for the model. We have reproduced the issue with associations. We will investigate it and notify you about the results as sоon as possible.
As for the question about renaming the association in the Association Editor, it is a short dialog where only the basic properties of association are set, but you can post your suggestion at our UserVoice so that other users can support it.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Tue 29 May 2012 12:09

We have fixed the bug with displaying many-to-many associations in the Association Editor. The corresponding build of Entity Developer will be available for download next week.