Devart is delighted to introduce the new version of Entity Developer with support for collections of components, default column facets for the model (for NHibernate models), etc.
New version of Entity Developer extends NHibernate mapping support - now it allows creating collections of components and components with navigation properties visually. You can now create associations to complex types and map additional columns of a join table of many-to-many association to a complex type properties. Navigation properties can now be separated to a complex type along with other properties. Additionally, Entity Developer now supports generation of the parent property, that stores a reference to the containing class for complex types. Entity Developer automatically determines the type of this property. If the complex type is contained in only one entity, this property will be of this entity type. Otherwise it will be of Object type.
In this version a possibility to specify default facets for the whole NHibernate model was added. These facets will be used for properties that don't have explicitly set facet values.
Diagrams now support notes and stamps. You can use notes to add text comments to your diagrams and even to create hyperlinks to external files. Diagram stamp allows you to specify the following information about diagram: diagram author, company, version, copyrights, project name, date.
Entity Developer also offers a number of usability improvements. For example, a shape color can be changed by selecting Shape -> Color from the shape shortcut menu. Expand All and Collapse All menu commands in the Diagram submenu of the shortcut menu allow you to quickly expand/collapse diagram shapes.
Cut/copy/paste functionality behaviour was changed. Now when you paste copied entities to a diagram where they are not present, the existing entities are added to the diagram, new entities are not created. When you cut entities, they are cut from the diagram, not from the whole model.
Here is the complete list of Entity Developer 4.4.186 features:
This version includes:
- The sticker notes for adding comments to diagrams are implemented
- The possibility to add a stamp, specifying diagram author, company, version, copyrights, project name, and date, to a diagram is implemented
- New Collapse All and Expand All menu commands for collapsing and expanding diagram shapes are added
- The behaviour is changed: context menu commands for working with diagram are grouped to the Diagram submenu of the context menu
- The behaviour is changed: the possibility to change diagram shape color via the corresponding Shape -> Color context menu command is added
- The behaviour is changed: when pasting a copied entity to a new diagram, a new entity is not created, the existing entity is added to this diagram
- The behaviour is changed: when cutting an entity from the diagram, the entity is not cut from the model, only from the diagram
- The support of component navigation properties is implemented
- The Parent property for component mappings is implemented
- The possibility to specify default facets for the columns is implemented
- The possibility to set path to NHibernate assemblies is implemented
- The "none" option for the Access property is implemented
- The bug with incorrect fluent mapping of extra columns of a many-to-many association table to the component in NHibernate models is fixed
- The bug with incorrect generation of a script, creating extra columns of a many-to-many association join table, which are separated to a component, is fixed
- The behaviour is changed: "Update Model From Database" wizard places newly added properties to the base abstract class now instead of putting them into child classes (where the mapping is)
- The behaviour is changed: the CSDL property is left unchanged when the corresponding SSDL property is regenerated
- The behaviour is changed: the association names are generated basing on the database FK names when using Database First approach
- The bug with reading one-to-many associations from the *.edmx file is fixed
- The bug with "DevartEntityDeploy" task when only .NET Framework 4 is installed is fixed
- The bug with closing connection in the generated method of the context is fixed
- The bug with generating code using DbContext template, when template's Fluent Mapping property is set to True and one of the navigation properties of an association is turned off, is fixed
- The bug with incorrect saving of method's extended properties is fixed