Just want to make sure there is no way to do these things...

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
Post Reply
ashlar64
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu 04 May 2006 18:56

Just want to make sure there is no way to do these things...

Post by ashlar64 » Tue 06 Mar 2012 21:02

I just want to make sure there is no way to do these things before I suggest them in the UserVoice.


1) Is there a way to copy a property of a table or enum and paste in in a different table or enum?

2) It would be great if you had a option like when you right click on the title of a table (or enum) and could select a option to copy a list of all the properties to the clipboard. So if you pasted it in notepad it would look perhaps like:

Id
Name
FieldA
etc

3) In the Edit mode when designing a enum it would be great if there was a button that would reset the numeric values to all blank values. It would also be great if there was another button that would assign numeric values from either 0 to n or to 1 to n (give the user the option for either starting with 0 or 1) each value of the enum.

4) Perhaps this wouldn't be feasible....but in the enum edit mode if there was a 3rd column that could represent a text value for each value in the enum that would be awesome.

5) Allow the tables / enums in the designer to be wider than the max it seems to be set at.

I don't think the designer can do these things I just wanted to double check before I posted it in the UserVoice.

Thanks.

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8247
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Mon 12 Mar 2012 17:34

ashlar64 wrote:1) Is there a way to copy a property of a table or enum and paste in in a different table or enum?
This functionality is already implemented for properties of the tables (it will be available starting from the next build of Entity Developer). We are going to do the same for properties of the enums. We will post here about the results.
ashlar64 wrote:2) It would be great if you had a option like when you right click on the title of a table (or enum) and could select a option to copy a list of all the properties to the clipboard. So if you pasted it in notepad it would look perhaps like:

Id
Name
FieldA
etc
We are investigating the possibility to implement such functionality.
ashlar64 wrote:3) In the Edit mode when designing a enum it would be great if there was a button that would reset the numeric values to all blank values. It would also be great if there was another button that would assign numeric values from either 0 to n or to 1 to n (give the user the option for either starting with 0 or 1) each value of the enum.
We recommend you to post this suggestion at http://devart.uservoice.com/forums/3867 ... -developer.
ashlar64 wrote:4) Perhaps this wouldn't be feasible....but in the enum edit mode if there was a 3rd column that could represent a text value for each value in the enum that would be awesome.
This is not clear enough. E.g.: how would this third column be used in enum with numeric members?
ashlar64 wrote:5) Allow the tables / enums in the designer to be wider than the max it seems to be set at.
We have reproduced and are investigating the issue.

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8247
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Fri 23 Mar 2012 11:35

Current (4.3.152) build of Entity Developer includes the copy/cut/paste functionality for the properties of the classes on the diagram.

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8247
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Tue 03 Apr 2012 16:55

ashlar64 wrote:5) Allow the tables / enums in the designer to be wider than the max it seems to be set at.
Starting from the next build of Entity Developer, the behaviour will be changed: entities and enums on the designer surface will be more resizable. We will post here when the corresponding build is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8247
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Thu 12 Apr 2012 14:29

New build of Entity Developer 4.3.169 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23893 .

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8247
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: Just want to make sure there is no way to do these things...

Post by Shalex » Tue 17 Jul 2012 15:02

Shalex wrote:
ashlar64 wrote:1) Is there a way to copy a property of a table or enum and paste in in a different table or enum?
This functionality is already implemented for properties of the tables (it will be available starting from the next build of Entity Developer). We are going to do the same for properties of the enums. We will post here about the results.
The design time copy/cut/paste functionality for enum members is added. We will post here when the corresponding build of Entity Developer is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8247
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: Just want to make sure there is no way to do these things...

Post by Shalex » Thu 09 Aug 2012 15:02

New build of Entity Developer 4.5.240 is available for download!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24677 .

Post Reply