EF no longer identifying default value getdate() and newId()

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool

EF no longer identifying default value getdate() and newId()

Post by johnwest80 » Wed 08 Feb 2012 15:28

A while back, you changed ed to automatically recognize when a uniqueidentifier field was primary key and set to newid(), and automatically set the field appropriately. You also recognized when a datetime field was automatically set to getdate().

Well, I just updated from database for the first time in a while, and these fields didn't get set correctly. It's back to what it was before you changed ed.

Is there a chance you somehow removed that from the latest build? I know you'd like to have version #s and all that from when it worked and when it didn't, but I don't remember when you made the changes, and it's possible it's been a couple of releases since i did an update from db. So I can't tell you for sure. I'm currently using ed standalone 4.2.110.

Can you check into it and see if it should still be working?

Devart Team

Post by Shalex » Fri 10 Feb 2012 16:07

Please make sure that you have turned on the [right click on the designer surface > Model Settings > Detect function-based column default value] option.