"nullable" vs "not null" - duplication in the model spec?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
mindplay

Post by mindplay » Fri 03 Feb 2012 15:16

Okay, never mind - I manually upgraded my project by generating a patch of the changes made by the tool, and correcting them by hand.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 03 Feb 2012 15:40

Thank you for your report. We have reproduced the problem when the Validate Required attribute is not saved in *.hbml, and then it is reset to its default (True) after the next opening model. We will post here when the issue is fixed.

mindplay

Post by mindplay » Fri 03 Feb 2012 15:57

Oops, no luck.

After manually correct everything, it looked fine and I thought it was working, - but after closing and opening the project, everything reverted and destroyed all my changes again.

Please send me an updated copy of the software as soon as this is fixed!

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 06 Feb 2012 11:29

We are planning to release a public build of Entity Developer with the fix in the end of this week.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 07 Feb 2012 15:08

The bug with preserving the Validate Required property when saving the model is fixed. We will post here when the corresponding build of Entity Developer is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 10 Feb 2012 12:06

New build of Entity Developer 4.2.129 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23375 .

mindplay

Post by mindplay » Fri 10 Feb 2012 16:49

The problem of losing changes after closing and reopening the project appears to be fixed now, but it appears you did not address the issue of opening a project from a previous version.

All my nullable="true" properties still defaulted to ValidateRequired="True", which doesn't exactly make any sense.

I can't wait for another release, so I will correct it all by hand again, but I'd encourage you to address this issue - others may not be so patient...

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 15 Feb 2012 12:54

mindplay wrote:All my nullable="true" properties still defaulted to ValidateRequired="True",
This is a result of changing default value for ValidateRequired (True now). Previous versions considered False as default and didn't make the corresponding entries to *.hbml. Now ValidateRequired is considered as True if there is no opposite entry in *.hbml. There will be no fix here.
mindplay wrote:which doesn't exactly make any sense.
This is a possible situation: column in the database is nullable, but object model is with the ValidateRequired="True" setting for the corresponding property.

mindplay

Post by mindplay » Wed 15 Feb 2012 13:43

Shalex wrote:This is a possible situation: column in the database is nullable, but object model is with the ValidateRequired="True" setting for the corresponding property.
That was not the case.

Doesn't matter to me at this point, I fixed it all by hand - there were hundreds of instances, but most were relatively easy to fix with search and replace in the XML file...