[BUG] Ext. Prop. for RelationProperty not loaded (v4.1.41)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
[email protected]

[BUG] Ext. Prop. for RelationProperty not loaded (v4.1.41)

Post by [email protected] » Wed 14 Sep 2011 15:24

I defined Extended Properties of type Boolean in the model properties for my classes, properties and relation properties.
The first two work fine, but my Extended Property 'WrapInInterface' for the relation properties doesn't get loaded from the .edml file. I can set it in the designer, store it and it correctly adds it into the CSDL as 'ed:WrapInInterface="True"'. But if I then reload the model, every value of the Extended Property is back to the default one and if I then store it again, it is gone from the file as well.

I sent you my model via the contact formular with a reference to this post.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 19 Sep 2011 16:43

Thank you for your model.
1. Are you using Entity Developer v 4.1.41 as a stand-alone tool or as a tool which is integrated in Visual Studio?
2. Which exact attributes of your Extended Property 'WrapInInterface' are returned to default values after its setting, saving and re-opening model?

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Wed 21 Sep 2011 07:30

Shalex wrote:Thank you for your model.
1. Are you using Entity Developer v 4.1.41 as a stand-alone tool or as a tool which is integrated in Visual Studio?
2. Which exact attributes of your Extended Property 'WrapInInterface' are returned to default values after its setting, saving and re-opening model?
1. I use the Visual Studio integrated tool.
2. The value of the set properties returns to the default value of 'False' I defined in the model properties dialogue, even though I changed the value to 'True' on some of my navigation properties. I also tried to other way around, a default value of 'True' and then setting it to 'False' on selected navigation properties, but it displays the same issue.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 22 Sep 2011 16:19

The bug with setting Extended Properties for RelationProperty is fixed. We will post here when the corresponding build of Entity Developer is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Sep 2011 13:30

New build of Entity Developer 4.1.55 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22169 .