Map custom entity to output parameter of a stored procedure

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Developer - ORM modeling and code generation tool
nbonne

Map custom entity to output parameter of a stored procedure

Post by nbonne » Wed 03 Jun 2009 06:54

Using the entity developer what would be the approach to map an output parameter of type REF CURSOR to a custom class

I proceeded as follow :

The Stored procedure has a definition like :

PROCEDURE BOM_BY_PRODUCT (componentID in NUMBER, p_recordset OUT SYS_REFCURSOR);

- Drag and drop the stored procedure on the design surface of the ED
- This generated a method in the DataSourceModel with input parameter of type decimal and output parameter of type binary.
- I added an entity class Class1 and defined a property for each field as defined in the recordset of the output parameter.
- Then I selected the generated method and via the parameters property I selected the entity Class1 as the return type.

Now the model still does not validate as it says No mapping specified for the following EntitySet/AssociationSet - Class1.

Before using the Entity developer I managed to do this by defining the appropriate mappings manually in the msdl file. Is the entity developer supporting this mapping in a different way ? If not any plans to do so ?

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Thu 04 Jun 2009 13:17

We are working on this problem, but no timeframe can be provided.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 29 Jul 2009 08:03

We have made significant changes to our Oracle Stored Procedures support. Please refer to this tutorial:
http://www.devart.com/blogs/dotconnect/?p=5