IntegrityCheck/Update methods

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
FlorianDahn

IntegrityCheck/Update methods

Post by FlorianDahn » Tue 15 Mar 2022 17:52

Hey!

I have seen that you got a CreateDatabase/DeleteDatabase method in the DataBaseContext.

Is there any way to compare the database model (lqml) to the database and get a list of differences ?
Missing tables, column changes, etc?

And optional an update method, to update the database where you can pass the result of the method from above ?

Thank you!

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: IntegrityCheck/Update methods

Post by Shalex » Tue 03 May 2022 16:33

There is no such functionality in the DataContext class but you can use Entity Developer for this purpose either via design time using Update To Database Wizard (copy update script instead of applying it) or via the console version of the tool calling "ed Get-Update-Script" (https://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/ ... r_app.html).

FlorianDahn

Post by FlorianDahn » Fri 06 May 2022 15:53

Shalex wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 16:33 There is no such functionality in the DataContext class but you can use Entity Developer for this purpose either via design time using Update To Database Wizard (copy update script instead of applying it) or via the console version of the tool calling "ed Get-Update-Script" (https://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/ ... r_app.html).
Ok, thanks!

Issue here is right now, it seems that only for the Create method I can specify a ConnectionString.
I'm having a server with multiple versions (and names) of the database, would be great to easily change which database to check and generate the update script.

Thank you

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 09 May 2022 09:03

Thank you for your suggestion. We will notify you when the --Connection parameter is added to the Get-Update-Script command.