LinqConnect and dotConnect licensing problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
LucasSupport

LinqConnect and dotConnect licensing problem

Post by LucasSupport » Wed 21 Dec 2011 15:03

I am using the Devart software in a Service project which has references to both Oracle and SQL. The License Wizard tells me that "The project has correct licenses.licx file". However, when I deploy the service, I get the following error: "Error: System.Exception: License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in LinqConnect documentation for details or contact Devart technical support.
at Devart.Data.Oracle.Linq.Provider.OracleDataProvider.Initialize(Object connection)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.DataProvider.Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Initialize(IDataServices dataServices, Object connection)
at Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext.a(Object A_0, MappingSource A_1, Type A_2)
at Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext..ctor(String connectionString, MappingSource mapping)"

I am using the following versions of Devart:
dotConnect for Oracle 6.60.258.0
Entity Developer 4.2.85

I am using Visual Studio 2008, running in Windows 7 64 bit machine.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 22 Dec 2011 14:56

Could you please extract the license resource from the compiled executable (e.g., .dll) of your service (for example, you can do this with the .NET Reflector tool), and send it to us, so that we are able to analyze the issue in more details?

The resource should be named [YourServiceName].dll.licenses. If there is no such resource in the compiled library, please ensure that the 'Build Action' property of licenses.licx is set to 'Embedded Resource'.