lqml File Storage Parameter

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
LPCRoy

lqml File Storage Parameter

Post by LPCRoy » Mon 18 May 2009 20:58

Hi,
I've got a big PostgreSql schema I've brought into the Entity Developer, and I want to change a bunch of names of fields generated from associations. First of all, is there any way to see which field the property is coming from in an association? What if I have multiple relationships between two tables with different fields? Right now, there is no way for me to tell which association goes with which field.

So I dropped into the lqml file to edit it manually, and I noticed that each additional Association Node for the table referring to the foreign table has a Storage Attribute, and every node has the same value for the Storage attribute. e.g. In the list of Associations, the first one has no Storage Attribute, and every one after that has a Storage Attribute with the same value.

For example, if I have a Table X with fields A, B, and C all of which refer to the PK of Y, I see the following in the lqml:

Code: Select all

What is this Storage Attribute used for, and is it correct for every Association to have the same value?

Thanks,
Roy

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 20 May 2009 06:30

The storage attribute appears because of the fact that the same tables are associated more than once.
More information on this attribute you can find here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... orage.aspx