Entity Developer 1.0.53 creates a bad model

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
pm620wh

Entity Developer 1.0.53 creates a bad model

Post by pm620wh » Sun 08 Feb 2009 15:48

Hi

My Environment:

I am developing on Windows XP using mySQL 5.0.45
I'm using the Entity Developer 1.0.53 in conjunction with VS2008 (with VB)

When I generate the model for use in my code, I have to modify it otherwise I am unable to submit changes to the database. The symptom is that values are ignored and the table field values remain null. I have found that if I comment out certain sections of the generated model, I can get around the issue, but this is becoming very cumbersome as I develop my database and have to regenerate the model and then go through the entire thing commenting out all the relavant parts.

So far, I have found that anything other than a string value requires the following modification e.g.

_
Public Property JobHeaderURN() As System.Nullable(Of Integer)
Get
Return Me._JobHeaderURN
End Get
Set
'If ((Me._JobHeaderURN = Value) = False) Then
Me.OnJobHeaderURNChanging(Value)
Me.SendPropertyChanging()
Me._JobHeaderURN = Value
Me.SendPropertyChanged("JobHeaderURN")
Me.OnJobHeaderURNChanged()
'End If
End Set
End Property

Notice above that I have commented out the 'if' statement. I managed to track the problem whilst single-stepping my code.

When included, the If statement must evaluate incorrectly. When commented out, the statement always executes and allows values to saved to my tables.

Are there some other settings in the entity developer I should be using when creating my model to work around this issue?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 09 Feb 2009 11:03

Thank you for the report, this problem is already fixed. It is discussed here: http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14044