Add reference error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LinqConnect – Devart's LINQ to SQL compatible ORM
pherschel

Add reference error

Post by pherschel » Thu 29 Apr 2021 18:36

I just installed the LinqToSQL for the first time. I am using a .NET 4.7.2 Forms application as a test. When I use the Add New Item wizard to add a model, after completing the add wizard screens, I get the following error message when the model is generated:

The reference Devart.Data could not be added to the project. The wizard will continue to run, but the resulting project may not build properly.

The only reference I get is Devart.Data.Linq. I don't see a Devart.Data reference when I search references.

I can view and work with the models. I manually added the Devart.Data.SqlServer.Linq just in case (we use SqlServer). And the project will build and run.

-Pete

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Add reference error

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Apr 2021 07:23

We cannot reproduce the error with LinqConnect v4.9.2203 when only SQL Server was selected in Setup Wizard.

After selecting Devart LinqConnect Model via Add New Item menu, the following references are added to the project:
* C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\dotConnect\NET2\Devart.Data.dll
* C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\dotConnect\NET2\Devart.Data.Linq.dll
* C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\dotConnect\NET2\Devart.Data.SqlServer.Linq.dll

If Entity Developer fails to add these references for some reason, please add them manually.

pherschel

Post by pherschel » Fri 30 Apr 2021 12:16

I downloaded the install from my devart account: LinqConnect v.4.9.2203

This file is not present: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\dotConnect\NET2\Devart.Data.dll
The others are.

Maybe I'll try installing a previous version.

-Pete

pherschel

Post by pherschel » Fri 30 Apr 2021 12:42

Downloading a previous version from my Devart account did not create the file.

I downloaded the trial and installed that. That DID create the file!

The install version from my account has the std suffix.

Also, the install version from my account does not give a choice of providers, it is grayed out with SQLServer Provider prechecked.

-Pete

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Sat 01 May 2021 13:07

Thank you for your report. We will investigate the question and notify you about the result.

pherschel

Post by pherschel » Tue 18 May 2021 14:55

Support told me that the standard edition doesn't use Devart.Data.dll and an update will be made.

I've been working this product for a bit and it's a nice replacement for LINQ to SQL.

-Pete

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 07 Jun 2021 16:05

The bug with an invalid attempt to add a reference to Devart.Data.dll by Create Model Wizard is fixed (SQL Server) in LinqConnect v4.9.2242: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46776.