License issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
GaultierLarge

License issue

Post by GaultierLarge » Tue 23 Jul 2019 09:03

Hello,

we use the trial of Devart.Data.Oracle.EFCore with EF CORE 2.2, it's work fine. After we buy a license pro, and we had our license key in the connection string with the tag LicenseKey, (like it wrote in the doc) but we have this error message :

Feature is not supported. This error is thrown by Devart .NET Standard assemblies if license key validation fails. Possible reasons: 1. License key is not found, refer to the "Licensing .NET Standard (.NET Core) Projects" article in the product documentation. 2. Your product edition (the key was generated for) doesn't support the feature you are trying to use, refer to the editions matrix. 3. Your key is outdated for using the current product version, renew the license key in the Customer Portal.

What can i do for my app work with my license pro?

Best regards

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: License issue

Post by Shalex » Tue 23 Jul 2019 18:55

1. Make sure that you set License Key to the activation key (not license number) value from your Devart Account.

2. Your project type is .NET Core (or .NET Standard), isn't it? Be aware that UWP is currently not supported.

JIC: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... ndard.html

GaultierLarge

Post by GaultierLarge » Wed 24 Jul 2019 07:23

I verify, we put the activation key in the License key parameter

Like this :

Code: Select all

"User Id=[user];Password=[password];Data Source=[ip];port=1521;Direct=true;SID=MESDEV;License Key=yaHImBztDqND+HIwhP1TJpJZ4kKKRTDqm0in9Guh1KpgYt0b8ecAgl9xnl84P8RYTxE48pRJZkMnxKCY2Pp/eXyBwS8tWpSOjzbmhbMwqgXpHeBRnoUDJbFKgSdrQS8AvN89kqnSGK0oCY7x+trltf/Rvg8/vdKh9dn6kw+l4XP4Q=="
(it's not our real license key)

Our application is an ASP.Net Core 2.2 application.

We have nothing to do more than put the key in the connection string and download and use the nuget package Devart.Data.Oracle.EFCore ?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 24 Jul 2019 18:14

1. Make sure that you added License Key to the connection string that is actually used by the runtime. Maybe there are several connection strings in your code.

2. Please create a simple console .NET Core project and execute:

var conn = new OracleConnection("your_conn_string_with_License_Key");
  conn.Open();
Does it work? If not, contact us and specify your email used when registering dotConnect for Oracle Professional.

GaultierLarge

Post by GaultierLarge » Tue 30 Jul 2019 08:36

Hi

I do the test with the an empty console app, it works.

I verify, my connectionstring, in debug in my Asp.Net core app, it's the good connection string which is use with the license key. but it's not working with the same error message

Feature is not supported. This error is thrown by Devart .NET Standard assemblies if license key validation fails. Possible reasons: 1. License key is not found, refer to the "Licensing .NET Standard (.NET Core) Projects" article in the product documentation. 2. Your product edition (the key was generated for) doesn't support the feature you are trying to use, refer to the editions matrix. 3. Your key is outdated for using the current product version, renew the license key in the Customer Portal.

Update : I try to do an empty console app, with entity Framework and i have the same issue
I think i miss something, but i don't see what, do you have an Idea?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 30 Jul 2019 14:10

GaultierLarge wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 08:36Update : I try to do an empty console app, with entity Framework and i have the same issue
I think i miss something, but i don't see what, do you have an Idea?
Please send us a small test project so that we can reproduce the error in our environment.

GaultierLarge

Post by GaultierLarge » Wed 31 Jul 2019 13:16

I send you my test application this morning

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 01 Aug 2019 09:43

Sorry, we didn't receive your test project. Please upload it to some file exchange server (e.g.: www.dropbox.com) and provide the download link via contact form.

GaultierLarge

Post by GaultierLarge » Wed 14 Aug 2019 09:22

Hi

I send the link to our sample app throught your contact page

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 14 Aug 2019 13:15

You are using the license key from Standard Edition, it doesn't support Entity Framework: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/editions.html. Please upgrade your edition and use the new license key.

khemissi

Post by khemissi » Wed 17 Mar 2021 10:04

I ve the same error using dotnet core with profetional edition

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 17 Mar 2021 15:50

khemissi wrote: Wed 17 Mar 2021 10:04 I ve the same error using dotnet core with profetional edition
You can get your License Key value this way: log in to your Devart Account using credentials that were sent to you after the purchase of our product, press View in the "Activation Key" column against the product dotConnect for Oracle, copy your activation key and assign it to the License Key connection string parameter. If this doesn't help, contact us.