Spatial Support for EFCore 2.2

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
rhuijben

Spatial Support for EFCore 2.2

Post by rhuijben » Thu 13 Sep 2018 11:46

Microsoft announced that they are going to support spatial support in EFCore in their database implementations. See
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet ... preview-2/

I'm very interested to hear when we can expect for some form of spatial support to appear in the Devart oracle EFCore support. I would love to have some initial support for a proof of concept application I'm working on, even if the real support is not ready yet. (Some workaround which allows access to the OracleObject via the value converter, or something would work for me as well).

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Spatial Support for EFCore 2.2

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 14 Sep 2018 13:57

Thank you for your suggestion. We will investigate the possibility to add Spatial support for EF Core 2.2 and post here when we get any results.
rhuijben wrote:(Some workaround which allows access to the OracleObject via the value converter, or something would work for me as well).
Unfortunately, there is no workaround.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Spatial Support for EFCore 2.2

Post by Shalex » Mon 21 Sep 2020 16:41

* Support for spatial data types in EF Core 3 is implemented

* The new NuGet package Devart.Data.Oracle.EFCore.NetTopolosySuite with a .NET Standard 2.1 assembly, that is compatible with .NET Core 3, is added
* The new \Entity\EFCore3\Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.EFCore.NetTopolosySuite.dll assembly compiled with EF Core 3.1 and .NET Framework 4.6.1 is added

Refer to viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42246.