Generating Model From Database doesn't auto generate insert methods

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
anthony.frank

Generating Model From Database doesn't auto generate insert methods

Post by anthony.frank » Fri 10 Aug 2018 00:13

My team is exploring DotConnect as a possible solution to our Salesforce Data Migration and future scripts and are testing things out to see if we can push our data to SalesForce in .Net and are getting pretty far but running into this issue which is preventing us from Inserting into SalesForce.

We are following this tutorial, https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/sales ... orial.html and everything works great up until we are ready to make an insert. The function AddToAccount and AddToContact is not auto generated on our context for us. I have manually set the OwnerId StoreGeneratedPattern fields to be Identity and after that I'm still not seeing any auto generated code for these functions. Any ideas on what to look for or what we need to change?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Generating Model From Database doesn't auto generate insert methods

Post by Shalex » Wed 15 Aug 2018 19:28

anthony.frank wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 00:13The function AddToAccount and AddToContact is not auto generated on our context for us. I have manually set the OwnerId StoreGeneratedPattern fields to be Identity and after that I'm still not seeing any auto generated code for these functions. Any ideas on what to look for or what we need to change?
The generated code depends on the template used in your model.

We recommend you to use Entity Developer (the Devart Entity Model item, *.edml) instead of EDM Designer (the ADO.NET Entity Data Model item, *.edmx) because it is adjusted for working with Salesforce and has an advanced functionality: http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/ed-vs-edm.html. Additionally, Entity Developer adds registration of EF6 provider in app.config automatically and offers designer (Database First / Model First) for EF Core.