Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
Pierre

Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed

Post by Pierre » Fri 01 Jul 2016 08:11

Hi,

I have a big problem with devart and i didn't find any solutions.

I have a project on visual studio 2010 (in French) and i'm using EF 6.1.3. Two days ago, i've installed the Devexpress 15.2 and everythings work fine until i found a bug between these two. I thought it was certenly a problem of Dll.

So I have decided to update my Devart (8.3 to 8.6). Unfortunately, a new bug appears. Now, when i'm right-clicking on my model.edml and click on 'Execute custome tool' a new file.info appears and shows me :

// Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed.
// - Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel. (Exception is handle)
//

So i've tried (3 times) to uninstall devart (uninstall, uninstall in the GAC, delete files in common files, in program data, in program files) and re-install it. Unfortunately the problem persists

To have more informations, i have debuged my visual studio 2010 and when i'm executing the 'execute custom tool', this error appears :

FileNotFoundException : EntityDeveloper.Orm.MsLinq.

I have looked after informations about this dll, i found nothing.

In the end, I have made a new project with nothing and just a simple model and i have no problem to execute the custome tool. So maybe there is a 'bad upgrade' between 8.3 to 8.6 but i really didn't find it.

I m opened for every helps,

Thanks,

Pierre.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed

Post by Shalex » Mon 04 Jul 2016 13:54

Please reinstall the dotConnect provider in the following way:
a) uninstall dotConnect / Entity Developer and other Devart ADO.NET products
b) make sure that there are no Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files in the following folders
* GAC 2.0 (\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
* GAC 4.0 (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
c) remove these folders
* \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\EntityDeveloper\
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\dotConnect\
d) run installation of the dotConnect provider via its right click > Run as administrator menu

If this doesn't help, specify the exact (x.x.x) version and name of your dotConnect provider.