Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers

Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed

Post by Pierre » Fri 01 Jul 2016 08:11

I have a big problem with devart and i didn't find any solutions.

I have a project on visual studio 2010 (in French) and i'm using EF 6.1.3. Two days ago, i've installed the Devexpress 15.2 and everythings work fine until i found a bug between these two. I thought it was certenly a problem of Dll.

So I have decided to update my Devart (8.3 to 8.6). Unfortunately, a new bug appears. Now, when i'm right-clicking on my model.edml and click on 'Execute custome tool' a new appears and shows me :

// Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed.
// - Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel. (Exception is handle)

So i've tried (3 times) to uninstall devart (uninstall, uninstall in the GAC, delete files in common files, in program data, in program files) and re-install it. Unfortunately the problem persists

To have more informations, i have debuged my visual studio 2010 and when i'm executing the 'execute custom tool', this error appears :

FileNotFoundException : EntityDeveloper.Orm.MsLinq.

I have looked after informations about this dll, i found nothing.

In the end, I have made a new project with nothing and just a simple model and i have no problem to execute the custome tool. So maybe there is a 'bad upgrade' between 8.3 to 8.6 but i really didn't find it.

I m opened for every helps,

Devart Team

Re: Custom tool 'DevartEfGenerator' failed

Post by Shalex » Mon 04 Jul 2016 13:54

Please reinstall the dotConnect provider in the following way:
a) uninstall dotConnect / Entity Developer and other Devart ADO.NET products
b) make sure that there are no Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files in the following folders
* GAC 2.0 (\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
* GAC 4.0 (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
c) remove these folders
* \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\EntityDeveloper\
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\dotConnect\
d) run installation of the dotConnect provider via its right click > Run as administrator menu

If this doesn't help, specify the exact (x.x.x) version and name of your dotConnect provider.