CrmDemo

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
simax99

CrmDemo

Post by simax99 » Wed 19 Nov 2014 13:58

I just downloaded the Entity Framework CrmDemo from your site.

Then did the following:

1. Opened the solution in VS 2013.
2. Removed all projects relating to oracle, mysql etc
3. Leaving 2 project CrmDemo.EFCodeFirst and CrmDemo.EFCodeFirst.dcSQLite
4. Built the solution using Rebuild Solution.

When I run the solution I get following error:

{"The 'Instance' member of the Entity Framework provider type 'Devart.Data.SQLite.Entity.SQLiteEntityProviderServices, Devart.Data.SQLite.Entity, Version=5.2.274.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701' did not return an object that inherits from 'System.Data.Entity.Core.Common.DbProviderServices'. Entity Framework providers must inherit from this class and the 'Instance' member must return the singleton instance of the provider. This may be because the provider does not support Entity Framework 6 or later; see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information."}

Any ideas?

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: CrmDemo

Post by MariiaI » Thu 20 Nov 2014 07:44

You are using dotConnect for SQLite Professional Trial 5.2.274, aren't you?

Please open the app.config file of the sample application and correct the Entity Framework provider version, it should be 5.2.274.6 (according to the version of dotConnect for SQLite, which is installed):

Code: Select all

<entityFramework>
    <providers>
      <provider invariantName="Devart.Data.SQLite" type="Devart.Data.SQLite.Entity.SQLiteEntityProviderServices, Devart.Data.SQLite.Entity, Version=5.2.274.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701" />
    </providers>
</entityFramework>

Please also make sure Devart.Data.SQLite.Entity is added to the References from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\SQLite\Entity\EF6" directory and has version 5.2.274.6.

For more information regarding working with EF6 please refer to:
http://blog.devart.com/entity-framework ... force.html