Out of memory exception serializing generated DTO objects

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
temelvin

Out of memory exception serializing generated DTO objects

Post by temelvin » Sun 02 Feb 2014 03:55

I am receiving an out of memory exception when serializing DTO objects that were generated by the DTO template. This is being caused by the WCF [DataMember] attributes being applied to navigation properties that in turn down the chain re-reference the original DTO creating a closed loop. Is there a way to change the DTO template to avoid this behavior ? I noticed that some of the other templates have options to not mark navigation properties with WCF attributes.

I can simply remove the [DataMember] attribute from navigation properties in the generated classes and the problem goes away. However I want to avoid them being re-populated when the code is regenerated.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Out of memory exception serializing generated DTO objects

Post by Shalex » Mon 03 Feb 2014 15:27

Thank you for your report. We will notify you when the property WCF DataMember Attribute on Navigation Properties is implemented for the Data Transfer Object template.

As a workaround, please set the DTO Classes In Associations property to False.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 12 Feb 2014 11:38

The "WCF DataMember Attribute on Navigation Properties" property is added to the Data Transfer Object template for pointing the end (-s) where the attribute should be generated. We will notify you when the corresponding build of dotConnect for Oracle is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 13 Feb 2014 16:26

New build of dotConnect for Oracle 8.2.100 is available for download!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28938.