ORA-01747: invalid user.table.column, table.column, or colum

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
MonDeveloper

ORA-01747: invalid user.table.column, table.column, or colum

Post by MonDeveloper » Thu 31 Mar 2011 18:28

Hi guys, we've got a serious problem introduced during the dotConnect upgrade from version 6.10.111 to 6.10.126.

My scenario is the following:

We are using the Self Tracking Entities model against an Oracle 11g2 db.

All our oracle tables have the column ORA_ROWSCN setted as concurrencyToken (yes, I know that the oracle pseudocolumn ora_rowscn doesn't fits all the concurrencyToken behaviours but I accepted it).

We have 2 tables: A and B, the pk of A is also the pk of B and B is related to A with a fk (A is parent of B).

We read B and A with a Linq to entities, we updated B, we attached the 2 entities to the context and finally we saved changes.

With the version 6.10.111 all works fine.

Whit the version 6.10.126 we receive this error:
{"ORA-06550: line 5, column 8:\nPL/SQL: ORA-01747: invalid user.table.column, table.column, or column specification\nORA-06550: line 4, column 1:\nPL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored"}

and using the "DBMonitor" tool we captured the statement in error:

DECLARE
updatedRowid ROWID;
BEGIN
UPDATE TABLE_A
SET ORA_ROWSCN = ORA_ROWSCN
WHERE UIDID = :p0 AND ORA_ROWSCN = :p1
RETURNING ROWID INTO updatedRowid;
OPEN :outParameter FOR SELECT ORA_ROWSCN FROM TABLE_A WHERE ROWID = updatedRowid;
END;

For me it's clear, with this new version, the devart provider try to update the table A even if it doesn't have any changes!! Doing so the provider doesn't treat well the concurrencyToken, I think this is the mess!!!
The same "c# code" with the provider 6.10.111 doesn't fail because it doesn't try to update table A !!! and it is correct because the table A doesn't have any change !!!

Please, let us know if you are able to reproduce the error (the usecase is very simple) otherwise we could sent you a test solution but this could be long and complex for us....

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 01 Apr 2011 12:42

I have made a couple of tests (using both STE and default code generation), but both updates worked smoothly.
Are you using any inheritance in your model?
The test project should speed up our investigation.
P.S. I have deleted your duplicate post.

MonDeveloper

Post by MonDeveloper » Mon 04 Apr 2011 08:28

Sent solution to support via email.

Thanks guys!
mM

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 04 Apr 2011 15:48

Thank you for the project, I have reproduced the issue.
I will let you know about the results of our investigation.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Thu 14 Apr 2011 13:54

The problem is fixed in the upcoming build of dotConnect for Oracle.
The new build will be available in a week or so.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 27 Apr 2011 08:55

The latest 6.30.145 Beta build of dotConnect for Oracle can be downloaded from here (the trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (provided that you have an active subscription).
For more information about the fixes and improvements available in dotConnect for Oracle Beta, please refer to
this announcement.