dotConnect Oracle and Entity Framework ExecuteStoreCommand

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
mservidio

dotConnect Oracle and Entity Framework ExecuteStoreCommand

Post by mservidio » Thu 29 Jul 2010 16:18

Hi All -

When I execute a direct command in entity framework using the ExecuteStoreCommand method, I am getting a "missing expression" exception. It seems the cause of this is that Oracle uses ":" for variables, and it looks as though the provider is actually passing "@" as variable name values to the oracle server. Could someone let me know if there is a way to change the default variable prefix or some other way around this? I definitely want to parameterize the query, so I don't want to hard code any values in the query.

Thanks,
Mark

mservidio

Post by mservidio » Thu 29 Jul 2010 22:04

I've figured out my issue. If {0}, {1}, etc... is used as placeholders for the parameterized variables that you pass through in your queries, then it replaces these with @p0, @p1, etc, which for oracle is not correct syntax. Oracle uses ":" to denote parameters. So the simple way around this is to name your variables :p1, :p2, etc.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 30 Jul 2010 16:38

You are right, the correct way is to use Oracle-specific placeholders for parameters in ExecuteStoreQuery.

rick.duarte

Post by rick.duarte » Tue 01 Feb 2011 15:35

I'm trying to get a nextval from sequence, but I'm getting -1.

Code: Select all

ctx.ExecuteStoreCommand("Select SBLOGS.IDANOTACAOSEQUENCE.NEXTVAL FROM DUAL");
If I run this query on sqlplus I'm getting correct numbers: 21, 22, 23 ...
What could be causing this?
I'm using the latest version 6.10.

Best regards,

Henrique

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 02 Feb 2011 17:26

Try using PL/SQL Block and Parameter in the following way instead:

Code: Select all

Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleParameter param = new Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleParameter("p", Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDbType.Integer);
        param.Direction = System.Data.ParameterDirection.Output;
        var q = context.ExecuteStoreCommand("begin select AUTOINC_SEQ.NEXTVAL into :p from dual; end;", param);