Drag and Drop Tables From Server Explorer Into Entity Model

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
MDKing

Drag and Drop Tables From Server Explorer Into Entity Model

Post by MDKing » Tue 06 Jul 2010 16:39

Hello:

I'm currently trying to construct my ADO.NET Entity Data Model and while in the past using SQL Server I could drag and drop tables from my server explorer into my data model design and they would appear.

My connection using dotConnect Oracle does show my three tables, however when I select them and attempt to drop them onto the designer the icon shows an invalid target for dropping. Is the only way to add tables to the data model through the update model from database wizard?

Using dotConnect Oracle 5.70.140.0, with VS2010.

Matthew

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 07 Jul 2010 15:34

There is no possibility to update the ADO.NET Entity Data Model using drag&drop from Server Explorer.
There is a possibility to update LINQ to SQL Classes (.dbml) this way in SQL Server.
In case you need to update a model using drag&drop, I recommend you to add Devart Entity Model to your project and use drag&drop from the Database Explorer (if you want to refresh a table, delete it from the Store model and then add it again).
Devart LinqConnect provides this functionality for LINQ to SQL models as well.