Deployment questions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers

Deployment questions

Post by mmatveev » Fri 30 Apr 2010 09:24

I have a couple of questions about WinForm projects deployment.
DotConnect help suggests to include following line in app.config:

Code: Select all

In my solution I have two projects say Core.dll that contains entities models and Client.exe that somehow uses entities. The Core project contains schemas both for Oracle and MS SQL and doesn’t reference to Devart.Data assembly. I also have two solutions configuration for Oracle and MS SQL respectively. So the questions are:
1. What app.config must be modified (for Core.dll or for Client.exe)? I wish that developers/customers that are working with MS SQL configuration know nothing about Oracle data provider.
2. Client.exe is intended to be published using ClickOnce. But I don’t see Devart.Data.Oracle.dll in the list of application files (though I updated App.config for Clinet).

Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 30 Apr 2010 15:44

1. It is necessary to modify only the app.config associated with Client.exe.
2. Only assemblies from Project Output and Project References are added to Application Files by default. However, you can specify the necessary files explicitly, just add them to the project (Add Existing Item-> Add As Link). Don't forget to set Build Type to Content for these files.
After these actions are performed files will appear in the Application Files dialog and the Publish Status can be set to Include (Auto) for them.
See How to: Specify Which Files Are Published via ClickOnce ... S.80).aspx
For Oracle Entity Framework project, Devart.Data.dll, Devart.Data.Oracle.dll, Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll are necessary.