Entity Data Model Wizard error using vs2010 and mysql 5.4.3

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
martincho

Entity Data Model Wizard error using vs2010 and mysql 5.4.3

Post by martincho » Sun 20 Dec 2009 14:02

Hi, I'm trying to generate an EF model from a mysql db version 5.4.3 and the connection test of the wizard first step works fine, but in the second step when try to retrieve the database information get the following error

An error occurred while connecting to the database. The database might be unavailable. An exception of type 'System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException' occurred. The error message is: 'An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.
The inner exception caught was of type 'System.ArgumentException', with this error message: 'Could not determine storage version; a valid storage connection or a version hint is required.'.'

Seems like is related to the db version. Anybody knows if must configure an additional parameter in the connection?

Thanks in advance.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 21 Dec 2009 11:26

Thank you for the report, we are investigating the situation.
I will let you know about the results.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 25 Dec 2009 14:08

The problem is fixed, look forward to the nearest build.

SuperDave

I'm having the same issue but with version 5.5 of mysql serv

Post by SuperDave » Sun 03 Jan 2010 19:33

Same error message and setup when adding the ADO.net Entity Data model.
The test reports a good connection but on the choose your database objects returns AndreyR's same error.

Only difference is I'm using 5.5 of mysql server.

I notice that the connection string also doesn't include the password in the wizard window even if the Yes,sensitive data button is checked.

metadata=res://*/Model1.csdl|res://*/Model1.ssdl|res://*/Model1.msl;provider=Devart.Data.MySql;provider connection string="User Id=rooty;Host=188.169.4.224;Database=reportexec;Persist Security Info=True"

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 04 Jan 2010 10:05

Thank you for the report, this problem is already fixed for all server versions.
The new build will be available in a week or two.