SSDL/CSDL/MSL for Oracle and MS SQL in resource file

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
Marc44

SSDL/CSDL/MSL for Oracle and MS SQL in resource file

Post by Marc44 » Thu 29 Oct 2009 14:04

Hello,

I am currently trying to support a single model for both Oracle and MS SQL and only changing the SSDL's. I have managed to split the edmx into SSDL/CSDL/MSL files. And that is working fine. I decided to take it to the next step and still use the EDMX file to access MS SQL. Part of the connection string is sort of as follows:

"res://*/Model1.csdl|res://*/Model1.ssdl|res://*/Model1.msl"

I generated the Oracle SSDL and set it as an embedded resource and also can see it in .net reflector. I also try to keep the EDMX intact. So it's just 2 files. The EDMX and the Oracle SSDL. I use something like:

res://*/Model1.csdl|EntityFrameworkDemo.Model1_oracle.ssdl|res://*/Model1.msl

This does not work.

However if I do the 5 file way and have a separate CSDL/MSL/Oracle SSDL/MS SQL SSDL this will work:

res://*/EntityFrameworkDemo.Model1.csdl|res://*/EntityFrameworkDemo.Model1_oracle.ssdl|res://*/EntityFrameworkDemo.Model1.msl

How can I get the case with the EDMX and the Oracle SSDL to work?

Marc44

Post by Marc44 » Thu 29 Oct 2009 14:14

Actually I got it to work. It wasn't working yesterday but it's goood now. I used:

res://*/Model1.csdl|res://*/EntityFrameworkDemo.Model1_oracle.ssdl|res://*/Model1.msl;provider=Devart.Data.Oracle

I guess this can be used as a reference for everyone else who stumbles onto this problem.