Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException: ORA-12704: character set

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
bluegene

Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException: ORA-12704: character set

Post by bluegene » Mon 22 Dec 2008 09:33

Hi to all, I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Oracle 11g and the devart Entity Framework provider. I trying to access to my EF model but I get this exception:

System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details. ---> Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException: ORA-12704: character set mismatch.

Could somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 22 Dec 2008 11:00

Please give a more detailed description of the problem.
What code are you using to access the database?
Please check if the character set on the client corresponds the one on the server.
Try to play around the Unicode connection string setting.

bluegene

Post by bluegene » Mon 22 Dec 2008 11:36

AndreyR wrote:Please give a more detailed description of the problem.
Please check if the character set on the client corresponds the one on the server.
could you say me how I can play around the Unicode connection string setting, please?

bluegene

Post by bluegene » Mon 22 Dec 2008 11:53

bluegene wrote:
AndreyR wrote:Please give a more detailed description of the problem.
could you say me how I can play around the Unicode connection string setting, please?

This is my connectionstring in app.config:

Unicode=True doesn't work :(

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 22 Dec 2008 15:18

Please send me (andreyr * devart * com) a small test project illustrating the issue. Please include the DB objects script. Also please provide the charset of both Oracle server and Oracle client (if you do not use the Direct mode). You can get the server information by executing the "select * from nls_database_parameters" query. The client information is located in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_OraClient11g_home1\NLS_LANG"
registry key.