Not selected dbojects added to the model

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Entity Framework support in ADO.NET Data providers
nbonne

Not selected dbojects added to the model

Post by nbonne » Fri 28 Nov 2008 10:33

I have created an entity model from an Oracle database that only has tables in its user schema. When I add db objects to the entity model I only pick the tables of interest - there are no stored procedures listed in the 'Choose your database objects' window.

After generation of my entity model the designer correctly shows the selected tables. However the underlying xml file also holds function names for all stored procedures that reside under the sys schema of the database. I can manually delete all these unwanted function names from the XML file but have to redo this action everytime I update my model from the database.

On another oracle database I have a similar issue when refreshing the entitiy model it adds all db objects (e.g. views) that reside under the sys schema even if they were not added to the original created model.

Are these known issues with the 'dotConnect for Oracle' provider ? I do not experience the same behaviour with the sqlclient provider for sql server. All oracle instances are version 9.2.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 28 Nov 2008 13:15

Thank you for the bug report. The issue is fixed, look forward to the next build.

nbonne

Post by nbonne » Thu 11 Dec 2008 07:58

Re-tested this with the latest build 5.0.16.0 and confirm the problem is solved. Thanks!