http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/def ... x?tabid=63
- Data -> Add new data source
- Choose Database
- Select connection string
- Select View
- Configuring Insert/Delete/Update commands...
- Select StoredProcedure CommandType
- Select the stored procedure from the CommandText dropdown
- Click OK.Error:
Failed to regenerate parameters with the new command Text:delete_item
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The command text will still be set.
- Now I have to manually configure the parameters of the stored procedure.
So far, this is annoying but I can make it work. Now I'd like to add new queries to the TableAdapter.
- Add Query
- Use existing stored procedure.
- Select the stored proc from the dropdown list.
- Dialog disappears - no query is added.
Try again with a SQL statement and appears to work.
So it seems like there is an issue with parameter discovery.
Another question I have concerns what seems to be duplicate functionality in Tools->PostgreSQL->DataSet Wizard...
Why is this necessary and why doesn't it work properly anyway? I get some warning about "No Form Designer selected" which I ignore.
Sometimes selecting an existing DataSet will fail with some non-descriptive error, but let's look at the New DataSet option.
On the "Setup individual data tables" page of the wizard, both the Configure and Preview Data button produce an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.
Moving on... using this other DataSet creation wizard at least can automatically generate the Insert/Update/Delete commands, but does nothing to help with the aforementioned query builder problem with stored procedures.
Any help would appreciated.[/b]