Identity support for .NET Core

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
JORGEMAL

Identity support for .NET Core

Post by JORGEMAL » Tue 30 Jul 2019 15:27

Hello,

a) Reading the ASP.NET-Specific Features section in the documentation, I see that ASP.NET Core Identity implementation is included only for Entity Framework Core. I do not use Entity Framework in my projects. Is there a "standalone" implementation of ASP.NET Core Identity, one that does not require EF?

b) I took a look at dotConnect for PostgreSQL Framework Compatibility and I see that .NET Core 2.x is supported and I suppose that v2.2 is included. Is this correct?

Best regards,
Jorge Maldonado

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Identity support for .NET Core

Post by Shalex » Wed 31 Jul 2019 13:39

JORGEMAL wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 15:27a) Reading the ASP.NET-Specific Features section in the documentation, I see that ASP.NET Core Identity implementation is included only for Entity Framework Core. I do not use Entity Framework in my projects. Is there a "standalone" implementation of ASP.NET Core Identity, one that does not require EF?
ASP.NET Core Identity functionality is based on Entity Framework Core by Microsoft design. We do not provide a "standalone" implementation.
JORGEMAL wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 15:27b) I took a look at dotConnect for PostgreSQL Framework Compatibility and I see that .NET Core 2.x is supported and I suppose that v2.2 is included. Is this correct?
Our NuGet assemblies are created for .NET Standard 2.0 and can be used with .NET Core 2.0/2.1/2.2.