SSL on .NET Standard /.NET Core - Not Supported

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Brewsky

SSL on .NET Standard /.NET Core - Not Supported

Post by Brewsky » Thu 22 Mar 2018 19:25

I created a .NET Core application that uses dotConnect for PostgreSQL. Everything was working very well until we implemented SSL on the database (this is a non-negotiable requirement). After implementing SSL as dictated in the documentation, I was unable to get the encrypted connection to work. I sent a support ticket and received this response: “The SSL functionality is currently not supported in Devart .NET Standard (.NET Core) assemblies. We will notify you when the feature is implemented.”

If anyone else is planning on developing a .Net Standard / .Net Core app, please be aware of this important fact: SSL does not work for .Net Standard / .Net Core applications. If this info is in the documentation, I missed it.

Is there a timeline on when this feature will be supported for .Net Standard / .Net Core assemblies?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: SSL on .NET Standard /.NET Core - Not Supported

Post by Shalex » Fri 23 Mar 2018 17:46

The investigation is in progress. We will contact you as soon as possible.

Brewsky

Post by Brewsky » Mon 26 Mar 2018 17:37

Thank you!

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Sat 23 Jun 2018 12:33

SSL is supported in .NET Standard 2.0 provider assemblies: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37343.

Support of SSL and SSH connections is guaranteed only on Windows, on x86 and x64 Intel (AMD) architecture.