Devart is glad to announce the release of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.5, Devart ADO.NET data provider for PostgreSQL with support for Entity Framework, LinqConnect (LINQ to PostgreSQL) and NHibernate. The new version offers you support for Entity Framework Core RC1.
Entity Framework Core Support
Entity Framework Core (formerly, Entity Framework 7) is a new version or Microsoft widely used ORM, which is completely redesigned and intended to be a multi-platform and more lightweight ORM solution that can be used in traditional .NET scenarios, in cloud, on devices, etc.
Currently Entity Framework Core support in our providers is implemented only for the full .NET Framework platform .NET Framework 4.5.1 and higher.
Since Entity Framework Core is a completely redesigned ORM, which shares little but a name and LINQ support with previous Entity Framework versions, there are a lot of changes in our Entity Framework providers for Entity Framework Core. You can read more about these changes in our blog articles: Entity Framework Core 1 (Entity Framework 7) Support and Migrating Entity Framework 6 projects to Entity Framework Core 1 (Entity Framework 7).
Entity Framework Assembly Name Change
In addition to Entity Framework Core support we announce that our Entity Framework-related assemblies are renamed for all the providers that support Entity Framework. Previously each of the providers contained several assemblies with the same name - Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.dll for different Entity Framework versions, which had different revision number. This could cause confusions, so now assemblies for different versions of Entity Framework have different names.
The same is related to the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.Migrations.dll assembly and to Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.Spatials.dll assembly.
- Entity Framework v1:
Note that the revision number is no longer used to indicate the required Entity Framework version - it is 0 for all the assemblies.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.5.639 features:
- The Run Once Command connection string parameter, which specifies a command to execute when the connection is opened the first time and not executed when the connection is taken from the pool, is added
- The new LoadTable overloads for loading data from a IDataReader, array of rows, or only rows with a specific RowState from a DataTable are added to the PgSqlLoader class
- Truncate member that represents the TRUNCATE TABLE statement is added to the SqlStatementType enum
- The bug with the inserting incorrect values via parameters with the PgSqlType.Interval type when UnpreparedExecute is set to true is fixed
- The bug with millisecond output when calling the ToString method of the PgSqlInterval class is fixed
- The bug with executing query in PgSQLScript containing function declarations is fixed
- The bug with availability of the materialized views in DataSet Wizard is fixed
- The bug with quotation of default values for the timestamp columns in the Generate Database Script / Update Database From Model functionality is fixed (LinqConnect)
- The bug with generating the "timestamp with time zone" columns in the Generate Database Script / Update Database From Model functionality is fixed
- Entity Framework Core RC1 is supported
- Entity Framework-related assemblies are renamed
- The config.QueryOptions.OrderByNullBehavior option is added to specify whether to add NULLS FIRST or NULLS LAST to the ORDER BY clause