Probably dotConnect for PostgreSQL is not installed on your build server. The license resource must be built into your project every time when you build the project on the build server. dotConnect for PostgreSQL should be installed on the build server in order for license resource to be built into your project each time your project is built.
There are two possible solutions of the issue:
I. Install dotConnect for PostgreSQL with the "Minimal installation" check box selected to the build server. Our product is licensed for developers (not for a workstation or a server). A licensed developer is entitled to install and use our product on one or more computers (any number of computers), provided that it is used by the licensed developer alone, for the sole purposes of developing, testing, and deploying applications in accordance with our EULA.
You don't need a separate license for the build server. However, only the licensed developers can build applications that have direct references to Devart assemblies on the build server.
II. Compile the license resource. For this you need to perform the following actions:
1) Create a text file named licenses.licx and enter the following text inside the licenses.licx file:
2) Generate the license resource file using the following command line:
"%Compiler Path%\lc.exe /target:MyApplication.exe /complist:licenses.licx /i:"%Assembly Path%\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.dll"
- %Compiler Path% is the path to the appropriate lc.exe file (for example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin);
- MyApplication.exe is the name of your target executable file. If you want to compile a license resource for a class library project, specify MyApplication.dll instead of MyApplication.exe, where MyApplication.dll is the name of the class library.
- licenses.licx is your licenses.licx file. Place licenses.keys file in the same folder as the licenses.licx file for a class library project;
- %Assembly Path% is the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.dll assembly location.
3) The License compiler will generate the 'MyApplication.exe.licenses' ('MyApplication.dll.licenses' for class library project) resource file;
4) Add this file to your project as an embedded resource.
For more information, please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postg ... ml#compile