Using MemberShip/Role etc provider with own DB

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
baba

Using MemberShip/Role etc provider with own DB

Post by baba » Tue 30 Dec 2014 15:44

Hello,

I am developping an ASP .NET 4.5 app.
I use Dotconnect for PG, last version, licensed.
I read as much as possible about the classes provided : it looks like you use a "certain" schema.
In my application, the "user", "roles" etc... got already a table. I would like to use it, directly.
Is there a way (many answers possibles)
1) to bind at run-time the different fields in my tables
2) to get the sources specially for thoses classes (membership, role etc) then i could direct the classes to my tables/fields and recompile (mainly changing table name and field names)
3) Or i will have to set up a bunch of trigger in order to reflects in both direction the updates/creations/deletes from "your" tables to mines, and vice-versa...

Naturally, my fields would comply to yours, in term of types.
Happy new year...
sebastien

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Using MemberShip/Role etc provider with own DB

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 31 Dec 2014 16:39

baba wrote:1) to bind at run-time the different fields in my tables
2) to get the sources specially for thoses classes (membership, role etc) then i could direct the classes to my tables/fields and recompile (mainly changing table name and field names)
The first two scenarios are not possible.
baba wrote:3) Or i will have to set up a bunch of trigger in order to reflects in both direction the updates/creations/deletes from "your" tables to mines, and vice-versa...
This would probably work.

You can also:
1. migrate data from your tables to ours and then work with our tables;
2. implement your own Membership and Role providers that will use your existing tables.

baba

Re: Using MemberShip/Role etc provider with own DB

Post by baba » Wed 31 Dec 2014 18:25

Thanks for your answer.
I have got the NpgSql providers. Just a few words needs to be translated (like NpgsqlConnection => PgSQLConnection or a kind of..).
I can then modify the sql literals to work with my tables and fields.
Happy nouyire !
seb