What are the options for saving data local upon failed connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
rmeyer137

What are the options for saving data local upon failed connection

Post by rmeyer137 » Thu 06 Mar 2014 19:06

I'm building a C# application that uses a PostgresSQL database (version 9.3) in the cloud for storage. While my office connection is fiber and extremely stable to the db provider that might not be so for my client.

I'm using Devart Entity Developer edition 5.5.164 and of course the dot connect PostgreSQL provider.

The question is if the connection to the database fails while the application is in use, what are the easy to implement options for saving the current status locally to the PC (if any) and secondly when the database comes back on line what synchronization options are available to ensure that the data on the local PC is written to the database successfully.

I have considered a master slave PostgreSQL type setup where a local machine is setup for to serve up the DB and then replicate each change to the Cloud. But the client does not want to manage another system. So this is not an option.

So... any ideas?
Thanks

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: What are the options for saving data local upon failed connection

Post by Shalex » Thu 13 Mar 2014 17:17

Among the dotConnect products, the cache mechanism is implemented only in dotConnect for Salesforce: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/salesf ... cache.html.

With dotConnect for PostgreSQL, you should implement caching yourself.