difference between single developer and other version of driver

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
saggimanoj

difference between single developer and other version of driver

Post by saggimanoj » Thu 02 Feb 2006 14:22

Sir,

I want to know the difference between single developer and other version of licensce of driver. I am a single developer who develops applications on contract basis. So will it matter if I opt for single developer licensce and deploys it on a client where the frequency of data retrieval is very high. :?

Please let me know soon, as I need to decide which version to go for.

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Fri 03 Feb 2006 10:37

You can deploy your applications that are created using PostgreSQLDirect .NET Data Provider for any number of clients.
The single developer license means that only you can use our provider for development. The site license means that all developers of a single company can use our provider for development.

asaxena

site license?

Post by asaxena » Fri 10 Feb 2006 22:38

I bought the "PostgreSQLDirect .NET Standard single license", but am having a difficult time running it on 2 applications in the same domain (for the same company, ie: storefront and admin). You mentioned a "site license", what are the details of it (price, etc), will that suit my needs better? I don't see it offered on the ordering page.

Thanks

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Tue 14 Feb 2006 15:22

The site license means that all developers of a single company can use our provider for development. Since you are only one developer you do not need a site license. All applications that are developed under single license driver with licensing component support (see "Licensing" topic in the documentation) should work without any problem.
If you are interesting in purchasing site license please contact sales department.