Different SQL

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
lmoser

Different SQL

Post by lmoser » Mon 10 Feb 2014 18:37

I have a weird situation where the same LINQ creates two different SQL statements on different machines. This is an ASP.NET MVC run in IIS.

I've confirmed that I am:
- running the same version of my application's dlls
- .NET is loading the same versions of Devart.Data, Devart.Data.PostgreSql, and Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.
- application pools are running the same .NET version.

I'm not sure what else to add here, but can add whatever other detail would be helpful.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Different SQL

Post by Shalex » Tue 11 Feb 2014 14:41

Please compare the .NET Framework versions installed on both machines (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 10%29.aspx).

The SQL generation differs significantly between .NET 4.0 and .NET 4.5.

lmoser

Post by lmoser » Wed 12 Feb 2014 14:44

I have release 378389 in both dev and production environments.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 14 Feb 2014 10:59

Please give us the following information:
1) the SQL statements generated on both workstations
2) the version of Entity Framework used in your project
3) which Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.dll are you deploying with your project? There are four versions:
-> \Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\Entity\EF1\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.dll
-> \Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\Entity\EF4\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.dll
-> \Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\Entity\EF5\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.dll
-> \Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\PostgreSQL\Entity\EF6\Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.dll
4) the exact version of your PostgreSQL server. Are both versions of your application connecting to the same instance of PostgreSQL server? If not, please make sure that both instances of PostgreSQL server are of exactly the same version
5) if possible, send us a small test project with the corresponding DDL/DML script for reproducing the issue