Newbie Questions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Ekki

Newbie Questions

Post by Ekki » Mon 25 Nov 2013 17:08

Hi,

first steps with Devart's extremely cool stuff… two issues…

(1) I've difficulties reading the lqml file using Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream(), getting an XML exception. I was using it the same way as it is done in the crm demo provided with the package. Now I was told to load an XML (*.xml) file instead. Unfortunately I cannot motivate the Entity Developer to create this file during the Source Code generation. The generation works fine, the model is valid. The template used is LinqConnect (default).

(2) In the generated Context file, there are constructors with the connection settings. As their a way to avoid this as I hate to remove this again and again before committing the file(s) to the source code system.

Thx,

Ekki

Ekki

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by Ekki » Mon 25 Nov 2013 17:11

Here's the exception:

System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException was unhandled
HResult=-2146231999
Message=MaxLength
Source=Devart.Data.Linq
LineNumber=0
LinePosition=0
StackTrace:
at Devart.Data.Linq.Mapping.c.b(XmlReader A_0, String[] A_1)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Mapping.c.i(XmlReader A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Mapping.c.a(f A_0, XmlReader A_1)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Mapping.c.e(XmlReader A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Mapping.c.k(XmlReader A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Mapping.XmlMappingSource.FromReader(XmlReader reader)
at dcTableBrowser.Program.Main() in c:\Users\eb\IG.DEV\IG.Data.GFX\SW\dcTableBrowser\CS\Program.cs:line 14
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by MariiaI » Tue 26 Nov 2013 11:24

We have contacted you by e-mail.