dotconnect setting for vs 2012 for web express

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
garbgdev

dotconnect setting for vs 2012 for web express

Post by garbgdev » Sun 10 Nov 2013 06:41

Hi. I'm trialing dotConnect for postgresSQL profesionnal before purchase. My tool is Visual studio 2012 express for web. There are two problems That I have right now.

1. I cannot find dotconnect tools in toolbox after I add them manually. I follow the description[http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... ation.html] in install guide but does not showed up in the list.

2.I cannot find option for dotconnect in data source for database connection. There are only default Microsoft sql servers.

Please help me

chrisjac

Re: dotconnect setting for vs 2012 for web express

Post by chrisjac » Sun 10 Nov 2013 14:07

I have the same setup and I am seeing the same problem. To work around the issue so I can continue my evaluation I used the Entity Developer application directly (outside of Visual Studio) to create a dotConnect model (.lqml) of my existing database. Then (still in Entity Developer app) Model->Generate Code to generate the .cs file containing the classes needed to interface with my database.

You can then add the .cs file to your project in Visual Studio. When you build it will complain about missing references to Devart namespaces. Just add the missing ones.

garbgdev

Post by garbgdev » Sun 10 Nov 2013 19:43

Thanks about your help :)

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 11 Nov 2013 08:44

@garbgdev
There is no integration of Entity Developer with Express edition of Visual Studio.

@chrisjac
Thank you for posting. This is a correct workaround.