Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers you support for Visual Studio 2013 and Entity Framework v6.
Now, with dotConnect for PostgreSQL, you can use such new Entity Framework features as improved warm up time (view generation), Code-Based Configuration, Dependency Resolution, creating a DbContext with an already opened connection, etc. dotConnect for PostgreSQL allows using new Entity Framework v6 Code First features: Custom Code First Conventions, Code First Mapping to Insert/Update/Delete Stored Procedures and others.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.1.26 features:
- Visual Studio 2013 is supported
- The behaviour is changed: installation with the /VERYSILENT install parameter will uninstall the other version of the provider without any dialog box if it is installed
- The bug with using ExtendedMembership provider in a multithreaded application is fixed
- The bug with the '-1' value of the MaxLength property for columns with character types, which are created by PgSqlDataAdapter, is fixed
- Entity Framework 6 is supported
- The bug with IntelliSense when working with T4 Editor in Visual Studio 2012 is fixed
- The 6.0.0 and 6.0.1 versions of Entity Framework are supported
- The behaviour is changed: Entity Data Model Wizard shows a more detailed error message in case of connecting to unsupported database or using incorrect provider manifest tokens