Syntax error / SSAS

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
jounikn

Syntax error / SSAS

Post by jounikn » Wed 30 Oct 2013 11:14

Hi,
I'm trying to create a Cube in SQL Server using devArt connector for PostgreSQL.
Im using SQL Server 2008 R2 x64 and Visual Studio 2008 Business Intelligence Studio and Analysis Service project.

Creating Data Source is ok and connection test is ok. Retrieveing tables works too. But when Analysis Service tries to refresh data by querying it devArt connector fails with error "syntax error at or near "["." This is becasue SSAS is adding brackets to query automatically. I can't modify query as it is dynamically generated by runtime.

This is very likely same problems that has been here on these forums a couple of times before with MySQL:
http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=10211
http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=18233

I have downloaded both free and trial versions but both have same error. I'm trying to evaluate this connector for our company needs. :?:

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Syntax error / SSAS

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 31 Oct 2013 15:36

We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.

jounikn

Post by jounikn » Mon 04 Nov 2013 05:34

Great, thanx, i'll be waiting :)

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 08 Nov 2013 13:51

This is designed behaviour. After installation dotConnect for PostgreSQL you will receive the exception "syntax error at or near "[".". To fix the issue you need to restart the "SQL Server Analysis Services" service. If you have restarted your computer after installing dotConnect for PostgreSQL everything should work.

If the "syntax error at or near "["." exception still occurs after restarting, please make sure that the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.xsl file is present in the following locations:
Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\%Your SQL Server Instance%\OLAP\bin\Cartridges\
Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\DataWarehouseDesigner\UIRdmsCartridge\

yurifarod

Post by yurifarod » Fri 04 Oct 2019 15:21

Hello everybody, in first place sorry for bring up an old question, but i have the exactly same issue in my environment using a Visual Studio 2017 and a Analysis Service project.

I'm in a final evaluation of this connector for my company, this is a part of a huge database migration process, this is the last part to give us a concret possibility of migration.

Can anybody help me, send me this archive or give an solution.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Sat 05 Oct 2019 10:12

Please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postg ... story.html:
7.10.1061 11-Jan-18
SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) 2017 is supported - SSIS projects only

7.6.667 09-Jun-16
Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools Business Intelligence (SSDT-BI) project templates for Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Integration Services (mapping wizards) in Visual Studio 2015 are supported
The Analysis Services project is supported in VS2015. Starting from VS2017, our provider supports SSIS projects only.