Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers you support Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 and significantly improved PgSqlDump component.
Sync Framework Support
dotConnect for PostgreSQL now provides support for Sync Framework 2.1. It provides PgSqlSyncProvider class, classes for provisioning and deprovisioning, and PgSqlSyncDescriptionBuilder class. Now you can easily synchronize your PostgreSQL databases using dotConnect for PostgreSQL.
The PgSqlDump component now supports generating INSERT statements using the multirow VALUES syntax. You may specify the max size of the generated INSERT statement. Additionally, PgSqlDump now supports asynchronous backup and restore operations.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 7.0.17 features:
- Microsoft Sync Framework support is implemented
- The support of asynchronous backing up and restoring for PgSqlDump is implemented
- The following methods are added to PgSqlDump class for asynchronous backup and restore operations: BeginBackup, BeginBackupQuery, BeginRestore, EndBackup, EndBackupQuery, EndRestore
- The UseMultirowSyntax property, specifying whether to use the multirow VALUES syntax when generating INSERT statements, is added to the PgSqlDump class
- The CommitBatchSize property, specifying the max size in bytes of a single INSERT statement with multiple values in the script when using the multirow VALUES syntax, is added to the PgSqlDump class
- PgSqlTime type, representing the TIME server data type, is added
- PgSqlTimeTZ type, representing the TIME WITH TIMEZONE server data type, is added
- The bug with backing up the serial columns with PgSqlDump is fixed
- The Collate method of the SqlMethods class is implemented
- The bug with ignoring 'IsDbGenerated = True' when using Attach(TEntity entity, bool asModified) method is fixed
- The bug with the compiled query cache when query contains parameters with the same values is fixed
- The predefined templates are improved: new template setting, "Use Compiled Query Cache", is added (LinqConnect models)
- The bug with "DevartEntityDeploy" task, which generates mapping files, in Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate is fixed
- The behaviour is changed: Code-First Migrations generates DEFAULT 0 for new NOT NULL columns of numeric types when adding them in the existing table
- The behaviour is changed: Code-First Migrations generates DEFAULT '' for new NOT NULL columns of string types when adding them in the existing table
- The bug with performing queries via the ExecuteStoreQuery, SqlQuery methods in Entity Framework 6 is fixed