Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers you support for ExtendedMembership (SimpleMembership) providers.
Now our users can benefit from using ExtendedMembership and OAuth technology in their web applicatons and store the membership data in PostgreSQL database.
The ASP.NET MVC 4 Internet Application template adds some new handy security features built on top of SimpleMembership. SimpleMembership is the membership API, designed to improve and simplify the use of the built in security in ASP.NET. Our dotConnect for PostgreSQL implements classes for the new Role and ExtendedMembership providers, that offer the same functionality as the standard SimpleMembershipProvider and SimpleRoleProvider and store membership data in an PostgreSQL database.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 6.5.192 features:
- ExtendedMembership (SimpleMembership) provider support is added
- The bug with command generation for the PgSqlDataSource component is fixed
- The possibility of setting enum values via predefined dropdown list in the Retrieve Data window is implemented
- The behaviour is changed: the Guid property is mapped to the UUID type in the database when using the Model First approach (LinqConnect models)
- The bug related to the stored procedures with miltiple resultsets is fixed (LinqConnect models)